And a tater question

I got a reasonable number of plants from my "found" seed taters , but they're all kinda spindly . In the past , I've had potato plants that had lush top growth and no production . I expected these to get more foliage , but they've remained kinda sparse . Am I just being impatient ? Someone mentioned that after they bloom I'll have at least "some" potatoes , how long do I leave them in the ground ? Longer you leave them , the bigger ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

The longer you leave them the bigger they will be provided that the tops are still green and healthy and making carbohydrates. Once the tops give up there is no point in leaving them any longer.

David Hare-Scott