Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Feeling Better Now
Yesterday, the tomato seedlings started comnig up, making me feel better about the gardening year to come. As of this morning, 11 of the 18 pots have seedlings up. Time to sort through the seed...
13
13

Re: The Spring Garden, So Far
About all that has been done toward gardening is starting seeds in the greenhouse. Some spinach and onions which will go out as soon as winter leaves us for the season. Next week is supposed to be...

Seeds for Cucumber Emilie F1
Help ! I'm desperately searching for cucumber 'Emilie F1' seeds, Thanks
2
2

Saturday in the garden
Miserable morning, light mist falling, low forties temp, warmed up some by 1500, 47f, no rain, some sunshine. There is hope that spring may be just around the corner. Put some compost in the long bed...
15
15

zucchini and powder mold
Hi All, Are there varieties of zucchini that are less susceptible to power mold as they near the end of their life span? Many thanks, -T
1
1

Herb Wall Garden
Ever thought about growing your own easily accessible herbs, which also create a lovely feature on your garden wall? The Wall Hogger range of vertical garden planters made from recycled plastic...

lentils and pulses
Does anybody have any experience of growing lentils and pulses? What climate do they work well in? Of the hundreds of varieties do any suit a warm temperate region with hot humid summers? How about...
2
2

resisting temptation
yesterday out and about, saw packages of bean seeds i did not have already on display. i looked, i had the packages in my hand, read the descriptions and had to tell myself that i really did not need...
8
8

Runnin' out ...
of room ! I kinda knew this was going to be a problem , and had several ideas in mind . As I repot my seedlings into 4" round pots it's getting kinda crowded on my window shelf . The square ones...
7
7

Raised bed
Today we finished a four-day project. Built a raised bed for our new blueberry bushes. The old ones drowned in our heavy clay. Used untreated landscape timbers and built a bed three feet wide by eight...
4
4

Blueberry bed
We finally finished the raised bed for the blueberries this afternoon. Used landscape timbers to build it. Eight feet by three feet. Drilled three holes, each end and middle, for each of the six eight...

Weird tomato
One of my San Marzano tomatoes has different leaves , heart shaped rather than lobed like all the rest . Wonder what it'll grow ? Guess I'll just have to wait and see ... I have that seedling marked ,...
23
23

Jerusalem Artichokes
A friend gave me a small handful of Jerusalem Artichokes last spring. Stuck them in the ground and since I could not get out and do anything last year I had 4 large trees. I now have 3 good-sized...
16
16

Hoop House
I'm building a small plastic hoop greenhouse (very small, 5'w x 20' long) o ver an existing garden bed. Using the gray pvc conduit, painted where it w ill touch plastic, with rebar stakes....
6
6

Peppers and Patience
I always get frustrated because it seems to take forever for most types of peppers to germinate . All the tomatoes have germinated and are doing well , but the only peppers that have shown any...
17
17