100,000 seeds for 60 bucks.

Hello, I posted this link in alt. survival forum. With two questions and somebody said to try here. The guys selling bulk non hybrid seeds on Ebay. . I want to know if theres anyway to know if seeds will germinate. And are garden vegetables regional. As in will these Florida seeds grow in Ohio. Thanks Diesel

Im going to get some more seeds put away . Anyone think these seeds are worth the money.

's got smaller sizes too.

Anyway to guarantee the seeds are viable. Or is it a crap shoot.

Diesel

Reply to
None4U

Not by looking at them. A reputable supplier will have an accurate use by date on them. Otherwise you have to test them, that is plant (say) 20 in the right conditions and see how many come up in the normal time for the plant. If there are different kinds you have to do a separate test on each.

Vegetables all have prefered conditions. Some are fairly flexible and can be grown in a wide range and others are more picky. It depends on both climate and season. This means some will not grow if it is too hot, others will not grow if it too cold. In some cases what you grow in summer in one place could be grown in winter in another.

How about you get a book on the subject and start small. I don't know what you would do with 100,000 seeds, that quantity is a waste of money if you don't know the basics. They will not stay viable indefinitely while you learn.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

"None4U" wrote | Anyway to guarantee the seeds are viable. Or is it a crap shoot.

I've used these seeds and they all grew so far.

It helps to look at the seller's feedback. 99.8% positive with 1400 buyers is a very good sign.

Reply to
Pat