Worcester 240 problem

Brilliant isn't it, I reply to the post below with an opinion about = combi's being great and twelve hours later mines kaput.

So I hope someone can help with this.=20

I've got a Worcester 240 combi RSF, here's the problem.

Turned off the central heating today as the weather picked up. Just = tried to do the washing up and hot water is tepid.=20 The boiler fires up fine (demand light on, flow rate the same as always) = but all I get from the tap is lukewarm water. The FLOW pipe for the central heating gets hot as does the nearest = radiator.

I had no hot water a couple of years ago but there was no demand light = on and I changed the diaphragm in the diverter valve which did the trick = (it was perished). Is this valve playing up again or is it something else completely = different?

Any help on this matter would be a real help. TIA. Dave

Reply to
dave smith

So I hope someone can help with this.

I've got a Worcester 240 combi RSF, here's the problem.

Turned off the central heating today as the weather picked up. Just tried to do the washing up and hot water is tepid. The boiler fires up fine (demand light on, flow rate the same as always) but all I get from the tap is lukewarm water. The FLOW pipe for the central heating gets hot as does the nearest radiator.

I had no hot water a couple of years ago but there was no demand light on and I changed the diaphragm in the diverter valve which did the trick (it was perished). Is this valve playing up again or is it something else completely different?

Any help on this matter would be a real help. TIA. Dave

i had a simular problem with mine recently it turned out to be that the boiler had lost pressure and needed to bre repressurised it was at 1 when cold and not the 1.5 that i normally have it set at

mine is also a Worcester combi

whilst it made my water hot again it is not back to its former red hot situation so i think it is something else as well

So anyway repressurise and let me know how you get on mine has been in for 5+ years now so i s'pose its time for bits to start going west....

Reply to
grom-it

Hah! Here we say they're going south.... What a small world after all. It just doesn't sound right with any other direction.... even east.

Reply to
Olaf