warm air or radiators?

Hi My house has warm air central heating using gas and my gas bill is about 350 a year. I also use gas for cooking and hot water and have a power shower connected to the hot water tank. Has anyone ever done a comparison on costs, or replaced their warm air central heating with radiators and is there, as I have been told, a significant cost saving of gas, if replacing the warm central heating with radiators?
If I got a new heating system etc would I still be able to use my power shower or will that have to be changed also?
The heating was installed when the house was built in 1991 and I have lived in it since new. I ask because I just had it serviced by Scottish Gas and the engineer said it is getting near the end of it's life and did I want Scottish Gas to give me a quote for a replacement system using radiators. If I did decide to replace it, it would not be with Scottish Gas.
Thinking about the cost of a service contract anyway I have paid Scottish Gas about 100 a year since 1993 and if I had radiators, if something went wrong with the plumbing I could easilly get that fixed (relative a plumber) and just pay an engineer if there was something wrong with the gas so would not need a service contract, another saving.
I live in Scotland if it is relevant
Thanks for any info Ronald
hi, i had warm air heating till 2 years ago, i had it serviced as i`d just moved into the house, the engineer said it was past it`s best and should anything go wrong with it the parts would almost certainly not be available (it was 18 yrs old) the engineer had no interest in installing a new one he only serviced boilers etc,so he wasn`t trying to sell me a new system.
i decided to bite the bullet and had central heating put in ,we did have a power shower but changed it to a shower that runs off the boiler ( 159 i think from screwfix) . i can only say that the new heating is wonderful compared with the old ,i find the rooms are more evenly heated, and as each rad has a thermostat, we can select what rooms are warmer i.e the bathroom (we could not do this with the old system) price wise i`d say our bills are 10-15 % cheaper but it`s hard to tell with all the price increases recently, having also changed supplier. would i do the same again? yes without a doubt.