Tree surgeon (arboriculturist) report

We are buying a house and the mortgage offer is dependant on a arboriculturist report - which was recommended by the surveyor because so many trees are in the vicinity of the house. One of the trees - a big old Cedar is causing the boundary wall of the garden to fall down...
Just wondered if anyone has experience on these... I have searched on the web and found a whole bunch of arbor.. consultants - it seems you have to have the letters after your name and the right indemnity insurance to be able to do the reports.
Anyone know what is a good price to pay... and perhaps a good arboriculturist in Surrey...
Thanks, Nick.
Contact your local council and ask for a list of Arboricultural Association Approved Contractors. Cost is how long is your bit of string