tiling over uneven subfloor

I can't figure out what to do with my mudroom. I has a cement floor that is generally level except for a bump under the entry door to the adjacent room; like a 2x30 inch bump, about an inch in height, just before the door saddle. I'm afraid that the bump is too pronounced to be remedied with a leveling compound. I'm thinking of tiling the room with quarry tile until I reach the bump. Over that area I'm considering using a decorative 1 inch tile....kind of as a border. My question is... is there enough flexibility in the smaller tiles to accomodate that uneven a subfloor?. Thanks in advance for your help
Gus

Sorry which way is the bump? Inverted so that it would collect water?
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

The mudroom was an addition to the basic house; an old log cabin. Apparently the builder didn't do a great job when he poured the slab.....so there is a section that rises above the rest of the floor right before the entrance to the kitchen....so its convex rather than concave. There's no practical way of grinding down that section to meet the rest of the floor. It also wouldn't make sense to raise the whole subfloor to that level.
Gus

I would be tempted to chisel the bump out to just below the level of the rest of the floor and then bring it back up to level with mortar or self leveling compound.
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

Appreciate the advice. I was speaking to a salesman at a local tile store, who seems to know what he's talking about. He says that it would be OK to use one inch tiles over the hump,,, That seems to be the quicker, less messy solution. Thanks again for the info.
Gus

An angle grinder with a masonry cutting wheel will remove the bump.