Tee Nut - but not!

Hi
I'm struggling to put a name to the component I want so that I can locate a supplier on the net.
That is, I am looking for something similar to a tee nut, in that you drill a hole into the wood, insert the tee nut and then screw a bolt into it. However, a tee nut just fastens to the wood using prongs that dig into the wood. What I want is more like a metal shaft, with some form of grip/teeth out the outside that I can hammer into a hole in the wood that a bolt can then be screwed into. I'm sure I've seen such things, like on a 2-piece snooker cue...
Does anyone know what I mean and if so what's the correct name for such a component?
Thanks Bigus
Ping
Any good ? .... http://www.ezlok.com/InsertsWood/woodPlastic.html
Ash

Or ....
http://www.insertsdirect.com/productcategory.aspx?pc.98b997-2b1d-4312-8a28-fd2947a7633e

On Fri, 22 May 2009 10:46:22 +0100, "Bigus"

Would these help? http://www.screwfix.com/prods/59937/Fixings/Furniture-Fixings/Insert-Nut-M6-Pack-of-50 I'm sure you can get other sizes elsewhere. Mike
On Fri, 22 May 2009 16:22:04 +0100, Old Git

Axminster do 6mm & 8mm inserts http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id#495&name=jig+making&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0 Mike

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id#495&name=jig+making&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0
YES, "threaded inserts".. those are the beasties. Good old Ebay also has stacks of them: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=threaded+inserts&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Thanks guys :-)