Taps

Hi

In my bathroom on the sink, I have had a leak for a while. After checking it out I believe that it is because the tap unit is not waterproofed to the sink unit. The tap has just been attached to the sink and i cant find any trace of any kind of waterproofing so what is happening is that when water goes on to the top part of the sink by the tap (Kids, wonderful eh ;) ) the water drips down by the tap, down the pipes and out on to the floor.

What is the best stuff to use to seal this and what is the best method?

Thanks

Reply to
<d>

Silicone sealant. It will stay flexible. Unscrew the tap, underneath the sink, and lift it a little (you may be able to do this without disconnecting it from the supply). Clean underneath the tap, in the gap. Squeeze a bead of sealant around the inside edge of the gap. Tighten the tap back down and wipe away the excess with a damp tissue.

As you only need a very little - you may find a small tube of silicone sealant intended for sealing leaks on cars to be more cost-effective than a big tube intended for household/bathrooms.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

There&#39;s supposed to be a plastic washer under the tap body.

Reply to
Derryck Croker