Microbore to bathroom sink/taps?

Just wondering if anyone has used microbore to a bathroom sink taps (not the bath). I have to chase a wall to run the pipework and it might be easier to run insulated 8mm or 10mm microbore than regular

1/2"... then again maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more tools (microbore bender).

Niall

Reply to
Niall Smart

I have 10mm between the bath feeds and the basin taps .I did this beacuse the pipe sits behind the wall behind the basin and it was awkward to get it to line up with the chrome feeds to the basin which go through the wall .There is no problem with water flow altho' it is fairly short . Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart B

In article , Niall Smart writes

I've got about 2m of 8mm (poss 10mm??) on the end of a 4m run to my kitchen taps & it is fine but the flow is significantly less that that from the

15mm mains cold feed. Hot feed is tank fed but at approx 25m head so almost mains press. I tried 10mm for the 10m or so to the bathroom and it was a complete disaster, whilst it was feeding both the sink and the bath it was still too slow for the sink only. I used 15mm plastic to replace it and that is fine.
Reply to
fred

Stayed in several places on the continent which had microbore to the taps - worked fine.

Microbore bender? You mean a pair of hands, right?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:56:24 +0100, Ben Blaukopf mused:

So you have a houseful of flat microbore then?

Reply to
Lurch

When I had the kitchen ceiling down during kitchen extension I took the time to pipe mains water to bathroom sink and ensuite sink. I was going to use

10mm Osmagold plastic, as per rest of house in Osmagold, (E-bay £20 for 50m) as I could get 10mm behind the plasterboard in the kitchen so no wall chasing necessary. I tried it first though, possibly a 6m run (ie the pipe length I was going to use but just out in the open across the floor) and flow was, present but hardly anything to write home about and this despite having high mains water pressure. Any way I also tried 15m,m in fact about 10m (cut ready for another job) and flow was miles better, in fact tap full on water shoots out the sink.

So I now have chased in the wall 15mm pipe and a valve under sink to reduce flow a tad, works fine, really glad I went to the effore and did it (both mains water and 15mm pipe). Oh I had to chase the wall anyway to put in 15mm CH pipes.

Reply to
Ian_m

It's common to have a microbore connection to the taps but only a foot or so long. I think the concensus is try it and see.

Reply to
adder1969

Hep2O have worked examples of pipe size/flow rates in the pdf at

PeterK

at

> Peter K

I was thinking of doing that with 10mm Microbore copper but only short lengths to radiators.

thanks for the answers

df

Reply to
df