shower tray installation

Hi

where is it normal to have the drain in relation to the pivot door? we have a 1200mm x 900mm tray and it looks like the plumber has placed it so the door will open out and the drain is in the corner where the door seal is.

i would have thought it should be in the opposite corner where the two walls join. (both outside walls).

Mark

Reply to
Mark D. Smith

I wouldn't have thought it makes an iota of difference where it is. Personally I would put the drain closest to where the existing waste pipe is but that's because I'm a) lazy and b) a cheapskate.

Reply to
malc

Hi

found the reason. the support beam runs about 2" from the wall (parallel) and so the outlet will not fit there. they are making all new waste pipes as the old lead ones were a mess and all ran wrong way with the new design.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D. Smith