Sealing A Worktop

I am installing a new kitchen.
Soon I will have to cut the worktop to fit. When I did this at my previous house, I sealed the cut ends and along the back next to the wall with PVA glue.
Reading on this NG recently I saw that PVA isn't waterproof, so, what should I use to seal the open ends.
--
the_constructor

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:42:42 -0000, "the_constructor"

I use car body undercoat, the brushable stuff. Goes on well and dries in minutes. Never had any lift on a surface yet.
the_constructor wrote:

sealer MUST be used,
"the_constructor" wrote:

The fitting instructions that came with mine recommended sanding the raw edges and sealing with waterproof varnish.