Salt in Brickwork ?

Hi all
Looking for some advice.
I live in a Mid Terrace Victorian house, during the fifties and early seventies the whole area was flooded with sea water. Both times the house was dried out the walls treated and it was totally dry lined. Once again I am starting to get salt come through on one of the interior walls. They where last treated about 10 years ago with a worthless 30 year warrantee as the company has gone bust. As the house was re decorated not to long ago I do not really want to strip all the dry lining of again and start again. Is their any thing I can inject through the wall to help neutralise the salt.
Thanks for any help and advise.
snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net says...

I'm a little unclear how the salt's coming through dry-lining. Do you mean it was replastered, or have they battened it and attached plasterboard?
--
Roland Butter :- There\'s nothing like a knob of butter.

says...

As far as I can tell without removing the board it has been battened and plasterboard.
The salt as far as I can tell is passing through the plasterboard and lifting the wall paper as their are some quite large chunks of salt now protruding through the wall paper.
You may need to remove the offending areas of plasterboard, including areas around as well, and reboard putting polythene between the board and the battens. It would appear that the salt has worked its way through the battens, but a layer of polythene should stop it from happening again. I know you don't want to take it all off, but I presume its not happening over all the wall is it? Very often the most severe course of action is the one that will last.
Rob Graham

It sounds like you have an ongoing damp problem which needs addressing. What's the construction of the wall, and what's on the other side of it?
--
Andrew Gabriel

says...

lined on both sides.

I think you're going to have to pull off the lining on one side to see what's going on behind.
--
Andrew Gabriel

says...

--
Roland Butter :- There\'s nothing like a knob of butter.