Roofing Felt

Hi All,
The roofing felt on my 60's built house is falling apart. Roof is conventional concrete tile. I am told that the tiles have to come off to replace the felt. Cost is in the thousands, mostly for scaffold and labour.
Is this really the only way??
Cheers. Bill.

Is that causing you any problems?

Yes, which is why it's not worth bothering with until there's something else wrong with the roof which needs fixing.
--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew,

I once read in a book that one option was to put the felt on from the inside and just tack it to the trusses. This was only on smaller areas though. I certainly would not like to do a whole roof. If it is only bad in certain areas it is worth doing. I had one bad patch and thats how I repaired mine.

If dampness is going to get in even to a small area then if there is no ventilation you could end up with a seriious problem, even dry rot.