Roof coating

"Smaller roofs in good, serviceable condition can be __a weekend DIY project__."

Is this correct? Any ideas of costs?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Don't know how much they cost, but it wouldn't make me sleep any better at night knowing a job had been done with this.

Jim G

Reply to
the_constructor

I got old tiles, they need some protection. Commercially it's =A32700. = I don't see why a wash and a paint would cost that, so I want to do it = myself.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

I think you need more bids. If two or three more contractors bid 2700, then I guess that is the price. But if two or three bidders bid 1000 to

1500, I would go with the professional application. This is more than spraying on a coat of paint. This stuff is thicker, isn't it? Until I have seen it done once, I wouldn't want to try it.

McGyver

Reply to
McGyver

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 05:46:37 -0000, McGyver wrote= :

I'm not really a perfectionist, so if the cheap stuff I can do myself wi= ll do a lot of good, I'd like to go for that.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott