replacing the bearing on an integrated indesit washing machine

The bearing has gone on our Indesit built in WM12x washing machine. Is this a doable job for an average competence householder?

(I am presuming you mean the main drum bearings)? There are a lot of variations, some require the whole drum removing, some require the backplate removing, and a few other variations of the above. Some bearings come complete with the spider, others are in kits, all will need a seal to prevent water getting into the new bearings, but the spiders usually have them built in, and if the seal is not fitted spot on, it will leak an ruin the new bearings.
Thanks - it will almost certainly not be worth paying the circa 180 to have the job done professionally. This on a washing machine that has not been heavily used and is only just over 2 years old! Indesit (and allied names) goes firmly on my list of makes to avoid. My brief Internet search leads me to believe on the basis of this experience I am far from alone in believing their products are crap. Anyone know where the best deals on Bosch are to be found?
Peter
Peter

"Peter Balcombe" wrote:

<http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/pages/Appliances/Large-Appliances/Washing-Machines/?br=bosch
"This on a washing machine that has not

<http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/pages/Appliances/Large-Appliances/Washing-Machines/?br=bosch
I bought a Siemens about 12 years ago and it's still (cross fingers) going strong.
Andrea Collins wrote:

http://www.bsh-group.com/index.php?page 0325
Bosch *is* Siemens (or vice versa...)
Andy