Repairing a Karcher pressure washer?

Anyone got experience of fixing these things? Mines lost pressure and is cycling on and off when the triggers released. There are no leaks inside, I've cleaned the filters, changed the cylinder head. Any ideas?
hg wrote:

I spent close on 30 years selling pressure washers & worked for Karcher for 8 years if thats any help.
Tell me what happened before it started playing up. When you shut the trigger, did the motor switch off completely or did it continue to run as though idling?
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:01:11 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:
-------------------8><

You'll know how the name should be pronounced then? ;-)
Appelation Controlee wrote:

In Germany its 'Keer Ker' AIUI - I don't speak Kraut, in the UK its Karch Er. Frequently called K -Archer, Carshaw, Kar Cher's etc. The competition called them 'The Yellow Peril'.
There was a guy, in the very early days of their presence in the UK, who opened a bank acount in the name of Keith Archer, sold about a dozen machines & banked the cheques. The Old Bill got him when he tried to sell the company car near Gatwick, prior to his flight to Spain.
They have suffered from dodgy sales reps claiming machines have been stolen, reps selling to fake companies they have invented and a completley bogus MD with false references.
Used to be great kit until they started to cut costs.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

A high pressure salesman, then?
;-)
Bruce wrote:

I just went along with the flow...
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

It was working fine before, when the trigger was released it stopped completely...

aka hg..

Bob wrote:

The Wanderers advice is sound, waterstop connectors are a no no & it could have a blocked nozzle. Check those first.
It could be that the pressure switch is out of adjustment. There will be a cable from the pump head leading back to the electrics box.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Ive tied a brand new complete hose...still the same

its part of the switch box, that doesnt explain the low pressure..

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:33:34 -0000, hg wrote:

Mine's not a Karcher but A now quite elderly one tha make of which I can't remember.
Two things I found that can give rise to those symptoms, using a water-stop hose connector on the end of the hose. It shouldn't in theory, but it does give problems with mine. It might also be a tiny bit of grit or similar that's inside the pressure lance. Bit of a bugger to get out, but lots of back washing as best as possible through the nozzle.
--
The Wanderer

Inertia keeps me going!
On 31 Jan,

Mine occasionally plays up by short cycling when the lance is closed off. Cured by cleaning the pressure bypass? valve. If it leaks back to the input, the thing cycles.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply