Quick garage insulation

can anyone suggest a fairly quick and easy way to insulate and warm up a garage?

we have a garage that currently gets used for guitar practice etc. but is now blooming freezing at this time of year. It's got bare brick walls and an exposed concrete floor.

tia.

Reply to
IJH

Well, basically air is the secret. Trapping it against the surfaces and stopping it getting in and out.

You can get expanded polystyrene, either in plain sheets or bonded to either something solid, like sheets of wood/plasterboard or reflective polyster film. Those have lots of air trapped and insulate well. They burn well too, so FFS, be careful...

In another thread I mentioned the big B&Q stores and heir kerosene heaters for sale. The high tech ones are brill,quick to heat and cheap to run. Not at all like the old types with a circular wick that always stank the place out.

A very cheap and neighbour-friendly solution is to visit a local farm and buy lots of straw bales. Line the walls with them, use others to sit on. Build a wall of them across the garage door entrance. Both

*soundproofing* and very warm. In the Summer, the kids, if you have some and you possibly will if you don't - see "a roll..", will have great fun building castles and forts and space stations with them.. My music studio is lined with them, which the neighbouring sheep much appreciate as they really don't have an ear for music.

Also, "a roll in the hay" didn't get its fame for nothing..(blush)..

Reply to
Palindr☻me