protect carpets from workman

We need some of those plastic bag type boot covers that workman use when they work in peoples homes to protect the carpets and so they dont have to take their boots off. Have you idea from where to buy them please, we are north west London. Thanks.
john burns wrote:

http://www.ackosdiydecorative.com/hippo-carpet-protector-600mm-x-25mtrs-1000-p.asp
Andrew May wrote:

http://www.ackosdiydecorative.com/hippo-carpet-protector-600mm-x-25mtrs-1000-p.asp Probably more useful, but I believe he was asking about these
http://buildsitepro.com/product.asp?idQ464
the last site I had to work on required their use, but they had to stretch so far to get over my size 14's that they didn't last long.

to fit the plastic overshoes each time they come in. Busy workmen can be remarkably forgetful! You might be better off with the original suggestion.
We had a small extension built last year, and, once the walls rose, the only access for the builders was in the back door, and across the kitchen floor, so bought a length of carpet protector (don't know what type) from a carpet shop. It was thick, heavy-duty, ribbed plastic, with spikes on the underside (like the soles of cricket boots) to hold it on place. To help retain the dirt, we also laid some old carpet on top of it (which we vacuumed each evening).
--
Ian

Tempted to get one of these for a shooter (and home caster) mate... http://buildsitepro.com/product.asp?id=14689
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Dingley

Oh-oh, looks like it might be an attempt to put the willies up houseowners by making lead seem deadly.

http://www.ackosdiydecorative.com/hippo-carpet-protector-600mm-x-25mtrs-1000-p.asp
OP wants overshoe type things.
john burns wrote:

You can buy them at £6.00 for 50 pairs from here: http://www.aspli.com/safety/6/54/0/1/disposable-clothing?gclid=COe0vKigzaUCFY9O4Qodpznmig They are at item 9 on the page but check out how soon they can deliver.
--
Bernadette

Don't know where to buy them, but my gym has boxes of them at the entrance to the swimming pool for parents etc. who don't want to remove shoes and socks. I've seen them at other places too. So, ask at a gym (with a pool) or any swimming pool for their source.
HTH,
Geoff.
On 12/2/2010 5:36 AM, Geoff. Hayward wrote:

On 02/12/2010 09:07, john burns wrote:

Mine came from Wickes, but I would expect any builder's merchant to have them. Mind you, plastic bags with string or gaffer tape around the ankles also work.
Colin Bignell
Nightjar <"cpb"@" < wrote:

Trouble is, when you go outside you have to undo everything. Much easier to use dust sheets or the stick down stuff.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

my normal shoes from paint.
Colin Bignell

Awwwww come on, it has to be dust sheets. Not that anybody living in north west London would know the difference between clean carpets and dirty carpets.
Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder wrote:

I use dust sheets, but they are definitely a trip hassard.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Has anybody mentioned taking the carpets up?
Mr Pounder