Pipe flow angle

I am considering installing a loo on an internal wall which means a pipe run of approx 10ft to reach the outside wall.

Is the flush enough of a push to move the pipes` contents out to the end of the pipe to drop down the vertical part to the sewer?

If not would putting the loo on a plinth assist and what sort of height would be involved.(False floor i suppose)

Tks

Reply to
Capt T

IANA plumber/builder/etc IIUC:

The normal minimum acceptable fall is 1 in 60 - a couple of inches in 10 ft. So it should be a problem. There is always the option of a small bore system with macerator.

Modifications to the sewers requires building consent from your local authority. I suggest that you talk over your plans with them - unlike the planning people, I have found them to be extra-ordinary helpful. YMMV.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

IA also NA plumber/builder/etc

AIUI the fall should be 2deg. On most spirit levels there are two pairs of marks on the bubble, one pair is obviously horizontal, the other is to give you the correct fall.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat