painting ?

I am about to paint a wall (internal) it is plasterboard, the `old` nails used to nail the plaster board have `popped` slightly whats best to do....
take something and thump them back in and then skim them or just sand the slight `pop` and make it level.
thanks

You've probably got to do that, but I suspect it will happen again. I would supplement them with some drywall screws into the timber frame, which should hold the plasterboard better than nails, and prevent the nails popping again.

It will fall out.
--
Andrew Gabriel