Oven Door

The rubber strip around our oven door has started to peel away and I've got two choices.
1. I can replace the rubber strip with one bought from the manufacturers and gentle cry in the corner at the huge cost of the part or 2. I can glue the darn thing back in place.
Option 2 is the preferred option but I was just wondering if the glue would withstand the heat and if so what type of glue should I use? Something like Evo-Stik?
Any help would be appreciated as the wife is blaming me because I cleaned the oven last ... well it was her birthday so I had to treat her <:o(
Ash
Ash wrote:

There are high temperature silicone adhesives which should be idea for this job. Obviously as you have cleaned the oven there will be no traces of grease present (!) but worth checking and cleaning with alcohol or similar first.
Bob

Clean with Alcohol !!!!! My God man have you gone mad ? What am I gong to put on my Corn Flakes if I use it on the oven ? Hic
Are you sure the manufacturers price is high? Our oven door seal was only about twelve quid incl P&P what are you going to pay for heat resistant glue just to make Heath Robinson job of it?
Sometimes it's just best to put your hand in your pocket old mate ;-) Ron

The seal isn't misshaped or degraded it has just become loose in a few places. I've looked around the Internet and the cheapest part I can find for our Bosh Oven is 20.39 + 3.95 p&p and as there's two oven doors (small oven and medium sized oven) I'm looking at nearly 50 for the pair. Silicon adhesive seems to be the way forward.
Ash