Outside tap kit to plastic cold water pipe?

My in-laws are looking for an outside tap to save putting the hose through the bathroom window when washing the car etc. I suggested they bought a kit from B&Q which they did. I went to look at fitting it and discovered that the cold water pipe in the bathroom is a plastic one. The kit has a self tapping valve so no use for this. What is the best option for fitting an outside tap to a plastic cold water pipe?
Regards, Ian

Depending on what space you have you can fit a Speedfit push-fit T to the plastic pipe and then use copper from the T.
Aj
As AJH says tee in with a suitable fitting to the plastic, but then I would take plastic through the wall to the outside tap. Its much less likely to suffer frost damage than copper cos it has some "give"! All the required bits are available from B&Q.
Dave

For good practice you should really fit an isolating valve inside the house so that the supply to outside can be stopped in the winter. The inline service valves are compact and will do the job although they will restrict the flow a bit. If you already have low pressure it might be worth fitting a lever type valve as they won't affect the pressure.
AJ