O T: Spreadsheet help

to be honest I think you are making things to complex. I had a similar situation earlier in the year when I needed to monitor BG gas & elec consumption, I did look at Excel but in the end it was dead simple to work it out manually and if you take daily or weekly readings it's dead easy to work out costings and you won't end up spending hours trying to suss out formulas unless of course you have lots of time which you need to fill.
AJH wrote:

But do you factor in the weather conditions? Can you normalise the readings so that they're relatively independent of temperature? If not, they're no indicator of energy efficiency. Everybody needs Excel, they just don't know it. So you take your readings daily? Blimey, I thought I had too much time on my hands :-)
All you need is a simple "If" function, ie: logical test, if true do a, if false do b
Thus paste: =IF(C23<670,C23*C27,C23*C28) into C31, and enter in C28 the price where consumption is more than 670KwH
Should the price for "up to 670Kwh" actually include 670Kwh, you would need to change the logical test from C23<670, to C23<g0
Cheers
Stuart Noble wrote:

I think the OP already has many solutions - but yours (above) would price all units at the 2ndry rate, whereas (IIUC) the 1st 670 are at one rate, and only any excess at the 2ndry rate.
Also, OP is using Open Office, so commas become semi-colons.
--
Martin

I think the OP already has many solutions - but yours (above) would price all units at the 2ndry rate, whereas (IIUC) the 1st 670 are at one rate, and only any excess at the 2ndry rate.
Also, OP is using Open Office, so commas become semi-colons.
--

The kind folk at British Gas work it out for me.

mark

admitted ly they do, on a quarterly bill or if you phone them, but I wanted to work mine out for my own piece of mind so that I know how much it is costing me per day, week, month etc.... James