new toilet into existing soil pipe

Our existing toilet is adjacent to, and wastes into the soil pipe....as usual. However, we are currently having an extension built on the house and I would like to put an en suite toilet/shower in the new bedroom. The soil pipe runs down the inside corner of the existing building. When the ensuite is built, there will only be the existing gable wall separating it from the existing soil pipe (hope this makes sense). I initially thought that I could maybe knock a hole through the wall to access the soil pipe for the new toilet in the en suite, and put a boss type fitting onto the existing connection for the original toilet. Now I think that if I were to do that the flush from one toilet may cross the soil pipe and end up coming up the other toilet. The point:- Can anyone explain the best way around this?

Thanks....Eric

Reply to
Eric n Tina

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:01:23 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "Eric n Tina" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

As long as the flow isn't directly opposite or there's 200mm difference in height between opposite connections, it'll be OK.

Take the new connection through the wall, then turn through 90°. Put a rodding access on the bend.

________________________________ ___________ __________________ ======o| | "=== Toilet | |

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

In article , Eric n Tina writes

Double branches are available (see

) so you may be worrying unnecessarily but they do have swept bends and are set up for a fall of a few degrees. Might be worthwhile cutting in one of those.

Reply to
fred

Great help....thanks fellas

)