New Kitchen - Best Prices for Units ?

I'm thinking of installing a band new kitchen.
Can anyone tell me who offers the best prices for base & wall units. (Either online or otherwise)
I intend doing all of the installation myself.
woodglass

You could try looking here :
http://www.keencost.co.uk/about.htm
DG

I did this by using a simple spreadsheet - types of unit across the top, suppliers down the side. Enter the prices from your selected suppliers and see who is the best value. I found that many places have one or two units pow priced to grab your attention, but add on pelments etc and the prices rise considerably.
Having fitted a few kitchens myself found that IKEA was one of the cheapest I found, their website has a good program that you can design your kitchen and it gives u a list of all the items you need. Worth a look esp. as they are sooooo easy to install.

woodglass wrote:

Howdens are the cheapest, but not the best, that said, they do come already assembled (the carcasses) and shrink wrapped, their website is crap (there's nothing there but a logo) but there's a list of outlets here, there's quite a few in Scotland:
http://www.above-it-all.co.uk/howdens/companies.htm

... but they are trade only - you will need an account with them to buy. Where are you?
Peter
Fife, Scotland.
woodglass...

woodglass wrote:

I worked it out from your IP addy, it says Glenrothes (?) hence my mentioning Scotland
:-p

That wasn't a problem when I bought some stuff from Howdens, I gave them my name with the word "maintenance" after it and all was OK. Very nice people.
Phian
We did our kitchen a couple of years ago. After costing it up we decided the one we wanted was in MFI and by miracle timing they had a big sale and we got them for much less than we'd expected.
A local trader showed us the Howden brochure and although MFI used to use Howden (they may still), they looked a bit plain. I thought I read somewhere that MFI had sold Howden and that you could now buy direct from them.
My biggest regret was buying the cheapest cooker hood which looks a bit clunky - although it works well.
Needless to say I fitted it all myself but used a local electrician for the wiring.

MFI _always_ have a sale. The sale prices are the real prices. Never buy at more than "50% off" there. On second thoughts never buy from MFI at all - they are usually incapable of fulfilling an order correctly.
Mark
the_constructor