new bathroom keep old bath

Hi
we have an old enamel bath, house is circa 1920-30 we opted to replace the path but now are considering keeping it. do modern wastes and taps fit older baths. we can resolve the little bits of damaged enamel and just like the size and strength compared with modern acrylic baths.
Mark

A friend of mine has a rolled top cast iron bath in her house, circa 1920, original bath and she was ok with the modern fittings
--
the_constructor

"Mark D. Smith" wrote:

Modern wastes and taps will fit. The only problem I have come across with replacing taps on an old steel bath is that sometimes the steel under and around the tap holes has rusted. If you replace your bath you can buy steel, you don't have to have acrylic.

steel,
We looked at steel but decided the acrylic was easier to fix marks and more options.
looks like we are keeping our old bath and just updating the fittings.
Mark
And also they are a bugger to get out they are heavy and take alot of effort to break up with sledge hammer!