my cistern keeps dripping into the toilet pan

My toilet Cistern keeps dripping into the Toilet Pan slowly how can i resolve this
"king007" wrote in message
My toilet Cistern keeps dripping into the Toilet Pan slowly how can i resolve this
Dripping into the pan is unusual, unless it's arranged so that the overflow goes into the pan, which is also unusual, but not unknown. Is this a close coupled type, or is there a pipe from cistern to pan? And is the water level correct in the cistern, or is it overfilling?
Steve
On 13/10/2014 09:59, shazzbat wrote:

Most toilet cisterns now have internal overflows into the pan. It sounds like its overflowing. Lower the water level or raise the overflow as appropriate - correct water level should be marked inside cistern.
If its not that, the seal between the cistern & pan is failing.

Before that - if it's overflowing it's most likely something in the ball valve. Which is probably one of those new fangled little things that can't take a grain of sand.
Andy

Or if it's got a flapper valve rather than a syphon, they can fail to shut properly.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Monday, October 13, 2014 4:44:02 AM UTC+1, king007 wrote:

I bet it's the type with a divided button on the top of the lid, pressing p art of which gives you a big flush and the other gives a you a small flush. If you pick up the lid and replace it it may well reseat the internal part of the external buttons with the internal flush mechanism and all will be well.
On Monday, 13 October 2014 04:44:02 UTC+1, king007 wrote:

I've had this with a Bathstore cistern as their stuff is poor quality. It's case of taking the mechanism out and trying to figure out what's causing t he problem. In my case I think I'm going to do what I should have done in t he first place and buy a Geberit or similar high quality cistern.