MacAllister 18V li-ion drill....

... purchased from B&Q, 18months ago - with 3 year warranty.
One of the batteries will not now recharge.
Spoke to B&Q and they said they no longer make or sell them.
Said to take it back and they will replace it.
BUT they do not sell anything similar at less than 2x the price we bought it for.
Do you think we can get them to replace it with the "upgraded" model FOC?
Any ideas welcome for an alternative buy, if we get our money back from them that is, - 18v li-ion hammer drill - 2 batteries - (also free torch thrown in at the time-won't find that again) - c.90?
aiden wrote:

Put new cells into the battery pack or get a new pack from toolstation who are selling the GMC range. GMC were the suppliers of the muckallister tools sold by B&Q
Bob
snip

No sign of any Li-ion powered tools in April issue or on website; unless I'm much mistaken?
Try http://www.screwfix.com/cats/100372/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills
Someone once said to me "if you want good power tools buy Bosch: if you can't get/afford Bosch get Ryobi as most of them are the same units inside.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
aiden wrote:

It does appear that TS don't sell Li-Ion tools - apologies. Replacing the cells in the pack is possibly the easiest way Bob
Take it back. If they give a refund then you could get this
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74113/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/DeWalt-XRP-DC988L1-18V-Li-Ion-Cordless-Combi-Drill
or this
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/47418?cm_sp tBanners-_-position1-_-Powertools&ts 558
I know the first one is more, but it is not double and does look very good.
If not, get them to price match (-10% of the difference which is the B&Q policy).
B&Q own ScrewFix BTW.
Cheers,
Nigel

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5036 (20100417) __________
http://www.eset.com
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:10:54 +0100, "Nigel Heather

Li-ion v. Ni-Cd?
Having discovered Li-ion, I'm sold on the ability to recharge at any time - not having to wait till it's run out, as with Ni-Cd.
I must admit the "charging" time seems to have come down to 1 hr with some Ni-Cd - last B&D we had required 3hrs. Maybe will have to forget Li-ion untill the price comes down.
Money back and rethink, methinks! Thanks for your thoughts.
Sorry thought they were both Li-ion. The Ryobi confused me because it has Li-ion in the product title but I since realised that is only the screwdriver and the drill is NiCad.
The De-Walt is Li-ion though, but probably more than you are prepared to spend.
Cheers,
Nigel
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5036 (20100417) __________
http://www.eset.com
message

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74113/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/DeWalt-XRP-DC988L1-18V-Li-Ion-Cordless-Combi-Drill
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/47418?cm_sp tBanners-_-position1-_-Powertools&ts 558

Well almost. Both are owned by Kingfisher.