Kitchen sink waste nut

Hi All,
A little help sourcing a part if you can. Fetching the waste off the kitchen sink at the weekend I've managed to shear the flanged nut that was holding the overflow shroud. It was 30 years old and metal but I'd settle for a plastic one.
The sink waste is 1 1/2 inch (40mm) but try as I might I cant find the nuts anywhere (other than with wastes already attached like http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts2469&id 543 ). Ive put a *cheap* BnQ waste on at the moment - but I'd prefer to go back to the old as its larger and brass.
Anyone seen any around? I've tried the usual , screwfix/plumbworld/cpc/toolstation/BnQ
Lard
You might get one from a plumbers merchant rather than a DIY shop