Jigsaw Blades

Hello everyone, I need to cut 80mm laminate kitchen worktop with my jigsaw.

Anybody know of a suitable blade to use, been looking on screwfix, but the long ones seem a tad too course. I think I need fine tooth for clean cut.

I will need to cut a 45 degree angle both worktops (38mm each) together (clamped) for a kitchen corner. The kitchen corner has a brick part that takes most of the corner - total cut length will be around 200 mm.

Many thanks

Reply to
Oddjob

kinda new to this stuff but.....

i had to cut some laminate for the mother inlaw a couple of weeks ago, took some advice and used a long hand saw. Fine tooth hand saw, scored the laminate as a guide and took my time. Actually worked out quite nice.

btw...i hate jigsaws, never ever got the hang of them.

Reply to
Dan

crap, i top posted, sorry :-#

Reply to
Dan

Cheers for the tip, not thought about cutting it with handsaw, I may give it a try.

Reply to
Oddjob

On the display racks in Been and Queued the packs of jigsaw blades indicate which material they are suitable for. I bought the blades for kitchen worktop, clamped a length of wood to the worktop to act as a guide, and the cut was fine. If you want to buy from Screwfix then these look promising:

?cId=A338061&ts=34647&id=24387

Reply to
DIY

================================== Even better if you use a 'pull saw'. If you're not already familiar with this type of saw it's a fine-toothed saw with a blade that's much thinner than the normal hand saw. It will cut laminate and worktops without breakout and if you're careful you'll have a perfect cut.

A quick 'google' should provide examples and descriptions.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Cheers for that - see that screwfix sell them for £7.99 :-))

Think I will give it a go.

Reply to
Oddjob

No jigsaw on this planet will do that job properly, not even a Makita.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

'was hoping somebody would say this as it is exactly what I thought :-) Probably possible if you can cut it separately. I have no problem with my normal (fine-tooth)blade for cuts up to 45mm or therea bouts

good luck

Reply to
pieter mioch

skype:kitchenmanuk?add

Use a router

Reply to
kitchenman

I know that's what a professional would do, but I don't have the template or possibly the skill to do this and the budget is already straining so I'll be looking for a DIY solution - I think the pull saw is the best idea so far.

The cut will only be 200 mm.

Reply to
Oddjob