Jigsaw Blades

Hello everyone, I need to cut 80mm laminate kitchen worktop with my jigsaw.
Anybody know of a suitable blade to use, been looking on screwfix, but the long ones seem a tad too course. I think I need fine tooth for clean cut.
I will need to cut a 45 degree angle both worktops (38mm each) together (clamped) for a kitchen corner. The kitchen corner has a brick part that takes most of the corner - total cut length will be around 200 mm.
Many thanks
kinda new to this stuff but.....
i had to cut some laminate for the mother inlaw a couple of weeks ago, took some advice and used a long hand saw. Fine tooth hand saw, scored the laminate as a guide and took my time. Actually worked out quite nice.
btw...i hate jigsaws, never ever got the hang of them.
DanT.

Cheers for the tip, not thought about cutting it with handsaw, I may give it a try.
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:45:09 +0000, Oddjob wrote:

=================================Even better if you use a 'pull saw'. If you're not already familiar with this type of saw it's a fine-toothed saw with a blade that's much thinner than the normal hand saw. It will cut laminate and worktops without breakout and if you're careful you'll have a perfect cut.
A quick 'google' should provide examples and descriptions.
Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Think I will give it a go.
"Oddjob" wrote:

On the display racks in Been and Queued the packs of jigsaw blades indicate which material they are suitable for. I bought the blades for kitchen worktop, clamped a length of wood to the worktop to act as a guide, and the cut was fine. If you want to buy from Screwfix then these look promising: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 38061&ts4647&id)880 http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 38061&ts4647&id$387
Oddjob wrote:

No jigsaw on this planet will do that job properly, not even a Makita.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

'was hoping somebody would say this as it is exactly what I thought :-) Probably possible if you can cut it separately. I have no problem with my normal (fine-tooth)blade for cuts up to 45mm or therea bouts
good luck
skype:kitchenmanuk?add

Use a router
--
regards
dave batter

possibly the skill to do this and the budget is already straining so I'll be looking for a DIY solution - I think the pull saw is the best idea so far.
The cut will only be 200 mm.