hot water problem

I have a Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 boiler. The boiler setting has always been set to 3, and this maintained a constant temperature summer and winter.
Recently the hot water has become far to hot, in fact hot enough to scald. Whilst we are always careful, with children in the house we were concerned and called in the service engineer. He said that the boiler was fine, it was the water entering the house being warmer to begin with, due to being summer.
He suggested we simply turned the setting down to 1 or 2.
We have never had this problem in the past, should a thermostat not stop the water heating about the original setting regardless of the water entering the boiler ?
Would appreciate some advice as to whether I need to call another service engineer in.
Thank you

I would first turn it down as he suggested. If it works, fine. And cheaper than getting another engineer in. An unscrupulous one would have turned it down for you and charged an arm and a leg.
Steve

Yes.
Having said that, turning it down may solve the problem but I can't see why it should.
Rob Graham