Hob Blackening?

I've got one of those F A N T A S T I C electric ovens that has flat metal round cooking things, like this...
http://www.yor-appliances.co.uk/shop/images/MX64SSHob.jpg
It's a second hand cooker, the cooker is ncice and clean (NOW!!) but the round things on the top are a tiny bit rusty, a bit dimpled and a bit, well, rough looking.
I've tried wire brushing them, and it doesn't improve them. They aren't bad enough to suddenly burn out or rust away though.
Is there something I can paint on them like Hob Blackener?
If so, what's it called and where can I get some?
I'm in Bristol
Thanks
Ps, a friend is giving me some Hob Covers, but I'd rather they looked better just as they are :-)
--
Vj

"Vdkjll" wrote:

Try this: <http://www.thefiresideshop.co.uk//category-6272/product-4564//BLACK-LEAD-GRATE-POLISH-FSBUC0001.html
May also be available via eBay.
DIY wrote:

<http://www.thefiresideshop.co.uk//category-6272/product-4564//BLACK-LEAD-GRATE-POLISH-FSBUC0001.html
Top tip! Thanks for finding that, I'll investigate :-)
Vdkjll wrote:

Black lead for fire grates? That brings back memories of my grandmother black-leading the fireplace and stoning the front doorstep in the late 1940s.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Fireplace? You had a fireplace? Some people don't know they're born!
Limey Lurker wrote:

I am sure that these days we have forgotten the subtle distinction between grate, fireplace, hob and range <g>
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney