help required garden fencing gravel boards

im about to start a fencing project, which requires concrete gravel boards & posts , the posts aren't a problem, but the gravel boards will be laid on the earth, it might seem obvious but how do I stop the gravel boards sinking into the soil from the weight of them, they are 6 inch high ones, do I lay a concrete base or is there a simpler solution ?

many thanks

Reply to
reg

I did my fence three years ago and pondered this very subject, my boards are

12" high. How I tackled it was make your mix to hold the post reasonably dry and pack it well down with a suitable implement. In the groove for the fence panel I made sure the cement mix was high enough to touch the gravel board(s), using thin slats on the earth if necessary to support the boards until the mix had gone off, (then these slats were removed), when the mix had gone off all was solid and 'Robert is your mothers brother'. I don't know if this is the correct and recommended way, but it worked for me and they aint shifted in three years!

HTH

John

Reply to
John