Granite Transformations Worktops

Anyone any experience of this outfit and products?

Five years ago we had real wood beech-block worktops fitted in our kitchen - and my wife hates them! This idea of having them covered with a granite/resin 'topping' looks attractive.

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.

No, but the product looks interesting (I'm still deciding whether to go for granite or not myself) so had a google and stumbled across a thread here amongst others:

This looks like a very large franchise operation, and by and large seems to get good product review - but it will only be as good as whoever fits it, and a lot of the negatives seem to be around that (which can apply to any kitchen, bathoom etc anyway).

I suppose the fact that its a composite should offset some of the disadvantages of real granite, but you're unlikely to get quite the wow factor of some of the real granites.

I think with the fairly high cost, I'd be taking a long hard look at the kitchen units and making sure a new worktop doesn't show them up too!

HTH

Midge.

Reply to
Midge

Thanks for that Midge - interesting forum! After reading the initial post I was definitely put off the idea - but the responses are far more positive. I've got a rep coming around next Tuesday to give a quote so I'll see what happens then!

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.