Gas Flame Supervision Device (FSD) 2010 regulation?

Reading around I see references to a new regulation covering FSDs for cookers, hobs, and such, that is apparently due to come into force in May 2010. Can anyone tell me what this new regulation is please?
I ask because I am about to buy a new hob that doesn't have FSDs and it may not get fitted until after this May deadline, so I'm not sure whether to get it or not. BTW I'm in a house, not a flat or the like.

See this thread but in summary it is only for multi person dwellings, i.e. flats
http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t 145
HTH
John

Thanks for that John. I'm aware of this regulation which came in 2008 I think, but it's the 'new' 2010 regulation I am particularly concerned about. Or are they the same thing?