Gas bills- Units or KWh ?

I have recently purchased a flat which has gas central heating and Hydro Electric are responsible for the bills for gas and electricity. I notice that the gas bills convert the units of gas used into KWh. Does Scottish gas do this as well or is this only done by an electricity supplier? Blair Malcolm