European electrics

Page 2 of 2

Bloody 'ell, not another one ;-), see my reply to Adam.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks

Woody is using NTL and I am using Virgin, I assume they are now the same thing and it is a Virgin problem.
Cheers
--
Adam

Good point, you're both using OE too but maybe it's too much of a coincidence for both to be borked at the same time.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks

The evening insult I sent to Dennis via eternal september on another NG went out without a problem. Virgin sent the same message,insult 5 times
--
Adam

Better safe than sorry :-)
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks

I had the same problem with Virgin.
Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder wrote:

Virgin seem to be going though bad patches at the moment with their Usenet 'service'. I keep a free albasani account as a back up and for when I'm away from my home connection to NTHell.
Bob

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
None.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
None.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
None.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

If it's newer than 8 years old then it will definitely be ok. European power was harmonized in 2003 and everything electrical sold in Europe since then has to cope with the 220-240Vac nominal available across the continent. Officially the nominal voltage is now 230Vac 50Hz with broader tolerances to cover the old upper & lower limits.
If it's older than 8 years then I would say that it should be ok but that the heating element which will be dissipating 20% more than it might have been designed for in Italy might have a shorter life.
No safety implications, just earth it if it already has an earth.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
Shouldn't be a problem - hope there's an earth included in the flex...! Check you use the right fuse in the plug.
However, rest assured that the nationality of your m/c will not influence the flavour one iota.
It's the beans what does it - spend heaps of money on them, don't grind until you're ready to use them, always fill your m/c from the hot tap (to avoid the chlorine taste of cold-tap water) and you can't really go wrong :-)
--
Martin