Dry Cell Rechargable batteries

Hi all, I have got three dry batteries like you would find in a ride on electric kids toy.
I have no charger for them , I do not know if they are any good or not. They are all different voltages.
Could someone point me to a piece of kit that will allow me to charge them all up and or test them for serviceability.
I was hoping there is a charger for these type of batteries with adjustable voltages, adjustable amps etc etc.
The cost of replacing just one of these batteries is sky high.
Regards Alan

you could get a variable power supply from maplins, that could do.
Measure the voltage with a multimeter. If there is none then they're probably has-been batteries. Also swelling of the plastic case can indicate this too.

them
Alan wrote:

You'd normally find SLAs in those rather than dry batteries. Assuming theyre SLA (sealed lead acid) just look for a lead acid charger, one that wil do lower capacity batteries. Try the local car accessory shop.
NT

Similar to motorised disability chair's battery? Very heavy? Are there factory labels showing their different Voltages and, most importantly, their capacities in Ah? But... if these are clapped out they will never recover properly from recharging. You also really need to know if these accumulators are Lead-acid or Nickel-cadmium types. The protocols for charging either cell/battery are different, I understand LA takes constant voltage with diminishing current, and NiCd takes constant current with rising voltage, so the charger circuits would differ. Jim