Drawing plan software

Does anyone have any recommendation for some fairly simple PC s/ware I can use for drawing up some plans - floor and elevation required. Something with layers I can use but switch off to print.
William4 wrote:

Look for Google SketchUp. It can be downloaded for free, and it's very useful.

Taa, tried this. Quite pretty but no permanent scaling for accuracy. Anything else out there?

If you can get it finished within the "trial period", progecad is pretty good - more or less an A*t*C*d clone, mouse or command line entry of points, angles etc, can show isometric and other views in addition to plan and elevations, can use free downloadable blocks from A*t*C*d libraries, and produces/imports standard .dwg files - certainly plenty good enough for PP drawings etc.
Dave H.