Door Bell

Long run 3rd floor 30m need a wired door bell that will work ok over this type of run mains or battery but not with buzz bar transformer.
Oyeah with a ding dong sound.
Chris
--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk

Hi , Go cordless .
Regards,
Micky. Leeds UK.
To restore balance to the world Micky Savage wrote in snipped-for-privacy@bt.com

Wireless will not work in the building for some reason, maybe to much steel?
--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
On 20/03/09 13:54, Joker7 wrote:

What about wireless? Is that possible in your situation?
Ed

So which ones have you looked at and where? I bet you want someone to buy it, install it and sit by it listening so they can tell you when it rings. Stop being lazy.
To restore balance to the world Clive wrote in gq3hub$sp6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net

Stop being a ass*&le if you knew your ass from your elbow you would know most wired doorbell will only work over a distant of around 12m.With this in mind I ask the question !
Chris
--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk

I used to own a shop that had living accommodation at the back. We had a doorbell that was 24v mains supplied via transformer but I notice the buzzer was 18v. The guy who fitted it (a customer) said it was a lower voltage buzzer due to the drop in the current over the distance run.
Ron

Tie a piece of string around your big toe and then hang it outside your window down to the door. Every time someone calls they'll be able to let you know . Problem solved !?!
To restore balance to the world Ash wrote in snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk

:)
--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk

Try 2 identical transformers connected in parallel, if a single doesn't work. Regards
To restore balance to the world Joker7 wrote in zeNwl.157207$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.ams

Hi , Thanks for all the replys. I will looking in to using a larger tranaformer.
Chris
says...

I'm thinking Optimus Prime in a dress and slingbacks.

So that's what you mean about pulling?
snipped-for-privacy@ED.karoo.co.uk says...

I fear it's nightmares ce soir. I'll just finish that Stilton before bed whilst I'm at it.

I know what you mean ... I tend to keep well away from cheese before bed ... keeps the weird dreams in check. As for my wife she keeps well away from Chinese ... the Monosodium Glutamate really freaks her out ... the last time she had a Chinese she woke in the middle of the night screaming that water was pouring out of her finger tips. Yes ... you've guessed it ... we're a weird family!
snipped-for-privacy@ED.karoo.co.uk says...

Jesus, what meal was it? My local is five minutes away and I'm in the mood.

If only it worked on everyone wouldn't it be fun :o) Seems to have this strange effect due to the medication my wife is on for MS. I can tell you it get's pretty spooky at times when she's having these daft moments lol ... but she loves Chinese food so if we have one it's during the day and the effects of the Monosodium G tend to wear off before bed time.
snipped-for-privacy@ED.karoo.co.uk says...

She sounds like the ultimate Jehoover's Witness deterrent! ;)

What, you mean like have a Chinese ready in the freezer and as soon as the JW's arrive at the doorstep feed her the Chinese and then let her loose on them ?? .... sounds a bit like a sketch from Shaun of the Dead to me !
snipped-for-privacy@ED.karoo.co.uk says...

Indeed that's something approaching perfect . And not forgetting that you're both handling baseball bats as the doorll goes, ready for the first, "did you know that the lor..." Crunch times two.
We should do cheese and wine sometime!