Contiboard - cutting?

Evening all
I am considering building a set of shelves within a cupboard using Contiboard (melamine coated chipboard?)
Just wondering if anyone has experience of cutting the same and whether the veneer tends to chip.
Any recommendations gratefully received.
TIA
Alan
Alan wrote:

Alan,
Just score the veneer with a sharp stanley knife along the lines that you wish to cut (both sides of the board) and the use a fine-toothed panel saw at a fairly 'flat' angle - oh, and support the end that is being cut off to prevent it falling - I have used this method for donkey's years with good effect.
Just sit back now and read the many differing ways of doing this that others use.
Brian G
Brian G wrote:

Good advice from Brian. I find it helps to use masking tape over the side where the chipping occurs.
If you have a circular saw then make up one of these http://members.aol.com/woodmiser1/sawbd.htm
Gives a perfectly straight cut & minimum chipping.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:30:50 +0000, Alan wrote:

==============================A *small* pull saw will give an almost perfect cut without any prior preparation:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?idB618&ts2566
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/search/filter/pull+saw/page/1
Cic.