concrete floor

I have a concrete floor in the hallway that I need to raise by approx 1 inch.
Would a cement / sharp sand mix be viable or should I strengthen it with either umm, say, chicken wire or something like 'ronafix'.
I'm wishing to avoid kangoing the floor for obvious reasons.
The 1 inch layer would need to lay on a bitumen painted concrete base.
Advice appreciated.
Why do you need to raise the floor Peter?
ken

The house is a terrace that had a ground floor walkthrough to the gardens. It has had this walkthrough closed in so that the walkthrough is now an internal hallway. The floor levels are 1 inch different and I wish for them to be level. My worry is that laying only one inch (albeit on concrete) will leave the surface liable to cracking.

Probably because, like me, he cannot reach it as easily as he once did without bending his knees.
Rob Graham

would fit in with other plans. Parquet is normally laid on a bitumen adhesive base.
Cic.
I have a concrete floor in the hallway that I need to raise by approx 1 inch.

Plenty of high strength Underlayments on the market that will go down to 10mm thick.
You will probably have to remove the bitumen paint as, in my experience, bugger all will stick to that. Probably have to prime the floor with PVA as well
Look at the Watco Site.