Cold Glue Gun query.

Hi there

I'm looking to buy one or two glue guns for a project i'm doing involving schoolchildren. We're going to be gluing a variety of materials including polystyrene and i'm concious that I don't want to run the risk of any kids burning themselves. I have a few questions:

Should I be looking at cold melt guns? Does this actually mean that the glue isn't so hot it will burn skin? If so, is the bond as strong as it would be with a hot melt gun? Does one use a different type of glue stick? Would a hot melt gun melt the polystyrene anyway? I need to know this as there will be some finishing work done by adults.

It would be great if you could recommend suppliers and model(s). I'm not looking to spend 100s of pounds but i'd like something reasonable robust and don't need to go for the cheapest.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

MA

Reply to
louisxiv

MINI-SPECIAL GLUE GUN 230

"Ow" hot only.

Mostly - obviously not if the glued item gets warm.

Yep

Above gun and sticks will be fine with polystyrene.

I've bought stuff from them for years and years..

Reply to
Palindrome