carpet on wall?

Just repairing a section of good old painted woodchip that the cats have scratched to bits, and I'm thinking - they'll destroy new paper just as quickly, I've got plenty of carpet offcuts handy, any reason I can't glue carpet to the wall instead of of wallpaper?
Is there?
"Lol" wrote:

It will look strange but if you can live with that it only leaves the problem of scratched-to-bits cat-damaged carpet on the wall, assuming your cats will find the wall-mounted carpet just as attractive as the woodchip.
A better solution (in my mind) would be to cover the repaired woodchip with clear acrylic sheet. I did that with the last length of stair carpet, as it meets the floor, which for some reason our cat found attractive to sink her claws into.
--
Each time someone stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a little ripple of

Yeah, go ahead and it will look like the inside of this dump. Mrs Patel owns it ....

We had a similar problem with our cat. I removed the paper and emulsioned the wall - its quite easy to polyfill, sand & paint then.
Also put double sided sellotape on the odd bit of pine, they don't like it!
Also anchored a bit of builders board for him to have a scratch
Solved
Colin
"Colin Jackson" <cojack6ATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message

Easier remedy.... Shoot the cat. Problem solved
On 11/10/2010 07:26, the_constructor wrote:

I wanted to say that, but I was afraid of the flames that will follow.....

My shoulders are broad..... ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!
On 06/10/2010 11:10, Lol wrote:

Hoovering a vertical surface can be difficult.
Rob Graham
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:59:28 +0100, Rob Graham wrote:

The OP could try pressure washing the carpet on the walls and then using a 'wet and dry' vac to pick up the dirt that has been washed onto the floor.
--
David