carpet on wall?

Just repairing a section of good old painted woodchip that the cats have scratched to bits, and I'm thinking - they'll destroy new paper just as quickly, I've got plenty of carpet offcuts handy, any reason I can't glue carpet to the wall instead of of wallpaper?

Is there?

Reply to
Lol

It will look strange but if you can live with that it only leaves the problem of scratched-to-bits cat-damaged carpet on the wall, assuming your cats will find the wall-mounted carpet just as attractive as the woodchip.

A better solution (in my mind) would be to cover the repaired woodchip with clear acrylic sheet. I did that with the last length of stair carpet, as it meets the floor, which for some reason our cat found attractive to sink her claws into.

Reply to
Richard Head

Yeah, go ahead and it will look like the inside of this dump. Mrs Patel owns it ....

Reply to
Mr Pounder

We had a similar problem with our cat. I removed the paper and emulsioned the wall - its quite easy to polyfill, sand & paint then.

Also put double sided sellotape on the odd bit of pine, they don't like it!

Also anchored a bit of builders board for him to have a scratch

Solved

Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson

Easier remedy.... Shoot the cat. Problem solved

Reply to
the_constructor

I wanted to say that, but I was afraid of the flames that will follow.....

Reply to
Chewbacca

My shoulders are broad..... ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!

Reply to
the_constructor

Hoovering a vertical surface can be difficult.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

The OP could try pressure washing the carpet on the walls and then using a 'wet and dry' vac to pick up the dirt that has been washed onto the floor.

Reply to
David P