British gas cut through my gas pipe

Hi, Not sure this is the right place. Today A british gas engineer came to my house to install air ventilation. when he drill a hole on my wall, (there is a gas pipe in the wall), he cut through the pipe. Obvouisly he will fix it, but he plan to run the new pipe from the outside of the house, I am a bit concerned. What can I do about it? thx

What exactly are you concerned about?

1. whether gas pip (from meter to kitchen, 5 meters) outside is not safe? 2. could it effect the value of my house?

I wouldn't personally have one around the outside of my house, because of aesthetics, and nickability. I would require repair in place, or routing out of site via some other route.
--
Andrew Gabriel

I agree with you totally on aesthetics (and convenience to the light fingered) but at the same time I have noticed that many new builds in our area, particularly blocks of flats, do have the gas supplies running up the outside of the building. I assumed this was to reduce the amount of piping inside and reduce the risk of build up of gas, and subsequent loud bang, caused by leaks at joints etc.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames
zy wrote:

There is usually a contact number on the insurance you can call for legal advice. Use it!
Andy
British Gas caused the damage - they are responsible to rectifying it to your satisfaction.
I would accept a bodge workaround just to make it easy for them.
Cheers,
Nigel

Did you mean wouldn't?
zy wrote:

Britsh Gas has liability cover, get them to repair to your satisfaction not theirs
--
Kevin R
Reply address works