Boiler won't start

I have a Myson Marathon 120/150 conventional flued boiler and have had a few problems recently with it. The problem we have now is that the pilot light keeps going out and am unable to start it either with increasing the gas flow to the pilot. The only way to start the thing is by putting a taper in the inspection window and it goes well but as soon as their is a slight wind or whatever it goes out and freezing cold again. Can anyone suggest anything to try on this owld thing.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Reply to
Jason Greenwood

Ohh and to continue as I forgot when I bleed the radiators a small amount of air comes out of some of the radiators but no water? The newer radiators water comes out freely Is this normal? Or is it time to get a new job lot?

Reply to
Jason Greenwood

Try a new thermocouple.

Adam