Boiler noise

My new Bosch Worcester combi boiler has a high pitched whine when running. Does it mean anything or can I ignore it?
Thnaks
Jb
@notgotadsl.co.uk says...

Treat it as you would your wife.
Bikini Whacks wrote:

What, hit it with a big stick? ;-)
Cash

Fan bearings can be noisy on boilers, especially if starting to run dry, so yours may need greased before they burn and crumble. Also, if the boiler has the pump built - in, it too can be the culprit of high pitched whining sounds.
Check that the system is properly filled to the recommended pressure and that no bleeding is needed. Water looses volume after having the oxygen boiled out from it, and the drop in volume may mean the pump is running in some air, so causing the sounds you hear.
Good luck with it.

As it's new I just wonderd whether it was worth bothering the installer. It's in the garage so the noise is not a problem to me. Thanks to BWs advice I'll give them a call to check it out..
Jb

Don't whine to us direct your query to WB! They have a very helpful technical department
AJH wrote:

I'll second that. Send an e-mail query to WB and the chances are that you will get a phone call back within the day. Excellent after sales service.
Ret.