Best Way to wire a kitchen.

I am rewiring akitchen putting sockets/outlets on two adjacent walls. First wall has three double sockets over the worksurface for small apliances. The next wall has the same but under the worksurface there will be a dishwasher, washing machine (cold fill) and a fridge freezer.

1/ Is it best to wire the machines as a seperate ring since if all on at once you must be near 30 amp. 2/ What is the best way to do this in terms of the outlet. Ordinary sockets on the back wall under the work top and plug in via the machines own plug or those fused outlets either under or over the worktop. What are the pros and cons? 3/ Could i do a radial circuit just for those three machines?

(PS Have new consumer unit on next floor with spare space)

Tks

Reply to
Capt T

Depends on the machines, but that's quite hard to do even if you deliberately contrive to do so. Many of the machines can't draw high loads for long.

The last two kitchens I did, I installed two rings. One does all the easily accessible sockets, mainly for portable appliances. The other does the less accessible sockets for stationary and fixed appliances (an unswitched socket behind each cupboard). The latter ring circuit doesn't need to be RCD protected, so fridge, freezer, boiler, etc not on RCDs. Also put in a circuit suitable for electric hob, but these haven't been used as the kitchens both have gas hobs at the moment, but it's easy to do at the time, and painful later on.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel