Bai Bermuda

The pilot light keeps going out on my axi Bermuda back boiler - it started misbehaving this morning and I've had to relight it several tmes today. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Reply to
magicman

Which model of Baxi Bermuda ?

Have you got the installation mauals ?

Look under the front of the gas fire at the right-hand side. You should see a wire mesh cage. Make sure it is not blocked with fluff.

Also, on the rear of fire (need to remove) there is a tube, that needs to be clear of fluff.

Should any of these be slightly blocked the gas will be cut off as a matter of safety.

Finally it could be the boiler thermostat but if you dont know what your doing call in the engineers.

Seems like a good time to get it seviced. It's not expensive.

Taz

Reply to
Taz

If nothing has happened to the ventilation flow in your house i.e. changes to chimney, doors windows etc to cause a large draught, then its probably due to a low thermo-couple output. The reason may be due to dust and deposits on the thermocouple, bad connection, or the thermocouples itself is faulty giving low output. I don't know the baxi bermuda but if its like other back boilers with gas fire in front, you will need to remove the case with gas fire parts, and possibly the boiler front casing, to access the pilot. It will be then obvious what is wrong if you can see dirt build up around the thermocouple or corrosion or loose connection at the gas valve. If you strip the fire down this far, you probably would be better off replacing the thermocouple anyway. The last one I bought was a universal one from B&Q for about £5, which fits most gas appliances using pilot lights. If you have a decent digital multimeter reading 100mV full scale, you can measure the output from the thermo couple whilst holding it in a gas flame (cooker burner). It should be greater than 8-9 mV dc to work properly, preferably 10-13 mV for some margin.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote in message news:VHWtf.14990$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

Reply to
dave

Thanks for the advice, as soon as holidays are over I'll call in the experts and have the boiler serviced.

Cheers folks

Reply to
magicman